Loading cart contents...
Supplements for Issue 77 "RIFTS"
Here is a list of notes and supplements for pieces published in this issue, in the order content was published in the journal.
- Sergei Eisenstein, “The Cinematographic Principle and the Ideogram,” in Film Form, ed. and trans. Jay Leyda (New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1977), 30.
- Roland Barthes, Empire of Signs, trans. Richard Howard (New York: Noonday Press, 1989).
- Astria Suparak, “Asian Futures, Without Asians” series, 2020-ongoing
- Tiffany Sia (text) and Yuri Pattison (images), (Dublin, Ireland: The Douglas Hyde Gallery, 2021), 4.
Byron Davies “Bruno Varela’s El Prototipo (2022) and the Path from Archival Footage to Cosmovisión” - Notes and Citations
- A tianguis is a public market with roots in Pre-hispanic Mesoamerican sites for meeting and intercultural bartering.
- Daniel Valdez Puertos, “De ida y de regreso: el cine de apropiación experimental mexicano (1998-2018),” PhD diss., (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 2021), 100.
- “Cosmovisión,” in a strict sense meaning “worldview,” is here left in Spanish in order to maintain a link to discussions by authors like Alfredo López Austin of Mesoamerican indigenous peoples and their understandings of time, space, nature, and the sacred.