Loading cart contents...
Supplements for Issue 75 "Boundaries"
Here is a list of notes and supplements for pieces published in this issue, in the order content was published in the journal.
Nicky Hamlyn "Dissolving the Frame: Amy Dickson’s Film Performances and Performance Films" - Notes and Citations
- Email to the author, 08.21.2020.
- Marcel Duchamp: ‘The Creative Act’ (1957), in The New Art (revised edition), Gregory Battcock ed., Dutton & Co. Inc. pp. 46-48, 1973.
- Rosalind Krauss, (1994) ‘Grids’ in The Originality of the Avant-Garde and Other Modernist Myths, MIT press, pp 20-21.
Jeanne Liotta "ENTER GERMS, ENTER THE WORLD: Hand processed artist films in the AIDS era" - Notes and Citations
- From Roger Hallas AIDS and Gay Cinephilia??, Camera Obscura, 52 (Volume 18, Number 1), 2003, pp. 85-126 (Article).
- From an interview between Julie Murray and Mike Hoolboom “Long Live Experimental Everything” MFJ 50.
- Unreproducible: the life and work of visionary filmmaker Roger Jacoby, by Ben Ogrodnik, program notes for Carnegie Museum of Art, 2018. Ogrodnik has a footnote attributing the phrase to Carmen Vigil.
- Email exchange between Jim Hubbard and Jeanne Liotta, Summer 2021.
- Kim Knowles, Experimental Film and Photochemical Practices (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2020).
Liat Berdugo and Peter Snowdon “Through a Lens that Wasn’t My Own: Vernacular Video and the Digital Archive” - Hyperlinks
This video is an example of a woman in Hebron filming from her window. It’s also the first video that B’Tselem ever published as part of its Camera Project and became part of the lexicon in Israel/Palestine. In common parlance it’s called the “Sharmuta” (arabic for “whore”):
Video examples of mapping procedure: