Millennium Film Journal is the oldest avant-garde film magazine still in publication. We are looking for a talented Communications Intern to join our team. The right candidate is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future readers. This position has the responsibility of building and engaging our community on a daily basis with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract today’s business savvy buyers.
$12 / hour
14-16h / week
This is a remote position with occasional in-person work based in NYC. After orientation and training, most duties can be achieved by working on the candidate’s own schedule with once-a-week mentor-intern check-ins. If interested, we offer the candidate the possibility to learn other parts of running a film journal such as helping with design and editorial duties or organizing screenings and other events.
- Understands the overall concept of the journal, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of our organization.
- Manages the company’s social media accounts such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and posts content.
- Interacts with followers and potential customers by communicating and answering questions through the company’s social pages.
- Helps oversee the creating and implementation of a marketing calendar which included monthly objectives and initiatives.
- Helps create graphic content for communication material such as posts, banners, press kits, newsletters, and more as dictated by the monthly editorial calendar to promote sales, blogs and products.
- Writes target-specific pitches to potential journal advertisers.
- Assists the senior editor with journal distribution (in-person).
Qualifications / Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms with emphasis on Instagram and Twitter.
- Excellent graphic design skills and the ability to create relevant, original, high-quality content and captions.
- Create a regular publishing schedule and promote content through social advertising.
- Familiar with multi-social posting through programs such as Later, Hootsuite or HubSpot.
- Entry level understanding of marketing strategy and how to use the concepts throughout various forms of outreach.
- Ability to work remotely alongside a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward many company initiatives at once.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.Understands the overall concept of the journal, including the brand, customer, product goals, and all other aspects of our organization.
How to Apply
If interested, please send a short cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Intern”. Option to send a brief portfolio with examples of past social media campaigns or graphic design work.